Monday, March 12, 2012

Where Will You Be Tomorrow?

     Daddy got out of the hospital the last time on January 28, 2010. He died a couple months later on March 21. During that time, I had a chance to go to church with him. I don’t remember a lot about the service, but I do remember receiving such a blessing! I got to see my Daddy raise his hands and praise the Lord. We were singing Amazing Grace. That’s a sight I will never forget. I was only a few inches from his face when he took his last breath. I know the Lord came and got him because there was a peace like I had never felt before. His cancer was gone.
     Fast forward a year to a Friday night in April, 2011. Me and my sister went to dinner then to the ‘Arise’ Christian rock concert in Albertville. We don’t get together like that very often, and it was such a great blessing! At the concert, of course the music was loud and there weren’t a lot of chances to talk. But when I looked over and saw my sister standing, hands raised, praising the Lord, I got chills. Again, a sight I will never forget. Five days later, on April 27, a tornado tore through her neighborhood, lifted her apartment duplex, threw her around and left her for dead. But God had his hand on her, because she survived and lives to tell about it today.
     A few months later, I stood with my husband beside his mother in the emergency room as she screamed in pain, cancer spread throughout her body. She was rebuking the devil, forbidding him to come into her room. She was begging the Lord to forgive her of whatever wrong she had done to have to endure such pain, because she loved Him so much and wanted everything to be right between them. A few days later, she received her ultimate healing, but her words I will never forget.
     I heard a preacher make a comment last night that gave me a very vivid mental image. When we get to Heaven, we will "know as we are known." I will know friends and family as I knew them here. But we won’t be standing around chit-chatting or catching up on the latest gossip. The only thing we will be doing is praising God! The memories I have of seeing my Daddy, my sister, and my daughter a few times, giving praise here on earth will be nothing compared to what I will see up there!
     I have witnessed first hand the last couple of years that we are not promised tomorrow. When I woke up on March 21 or August 9, I did not know that would be the last time I saw my Daddy or Mawmaw Audie. On April 27, I did not know I would be "finding" my sister and bringing her home in such a bruised and battered condition. As the song says, "Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand. But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand!" AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment