Thursday, March 8, 2012

Update - We're Not Insane!

     I pulled in the driveway from church last night hoping to see the garbage container at the road. It wasn’t. I asked Josh to pull it down there. His response was, "Oh yeah, that’s what I’m supposed to be doing." Obviously there had been some discussion about taking out the trash, he’d just forgotten. Likely story, but at least we didn’t miss pickup today.
     Fast forward to this morning, in the shower, what do I find? An empty shampoo bottle! Grrr! But I guess that one’s my fault. I knew it was low yesterday and I didn’t replace it. Then I was in such a hurry to get a jump on my day today (ha!) that I didn’t take time to do it before I got in. I managed to get enough to use, and promptly replaced the bottle when I got out.
     I said all that to say this...I guess as a Mom it’s my job to help my family realize the signs that a certain chore needs to be done, where to find the resources to carry out such chore, and the process to complete it. The many times I’ve been to Emily’s house I’ve never seen an empty toilet paper roll or the garbage stacked sky high; and the one time I took a shower there, I had plenty of shampoo. I guess I can do that for a while longer now that I know we’re not insane. We’re just still learning.

(WOW! Now put on your spiritual glasses and read this again. It’s kinda like 3-D, it gives you a whole new depth and perspective!)

No comments:

Post a Comment