Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Living With The Three Blind Mice

     I don’t know about you, but I do a lot of laundry at my house. At least two loads a day; three on those days when the "special loads" have to be washed. That’s why I was so blown away when my youngest comes to me last night and says, "Mama, when are you going to wash clothes?" "Excuse me?!!!" "I can’t find any clean underwear." "Seriously?!! The laundry is caught up, I just put a pile in your room yesterday. Did you look?" "Well there weren’t any laying on my bed." Needless to say, he eventually found some.
     A few minutes later I’m cleaning up the kitchen when my oldest son comes in and fixes himself a piece of cake and asks me if I want some. (I think it’s a trick question, so I say no.) I, being the good mother that I am, go behind him and make sure the cake is sealed back properly and begin wiping up the crumbs on the counter. He says, "I thought you didn’t want any." "I don’t. I’m just cleaning up the mess you made." "What mess?" I hope he’s joking since he’s got a smile on his face.
     As I make my way back and forth through the living room, I am constantly tripping over shoes in the floor. (My husband hadn’t come in yet, but we’ve had this conversation many times.) "Have you seen my shoes?" "I put them up." (Which in my house simply means I put them under the end table beside the couch.) "Why would you do that? You know I’m going to wear them again." Sigh. Are they blind?!
     Then during my quiet time before going to sleep, God reveals to me that I too was once a blind mouse. He was constantly giving me blessings and laying them at my feet. I was literally tripping over them, and yet I couldn’t find them. I was always willing to take the cake, but leaving the crumbs. I am glad to say that now I see. God uses the simple things to show me the amazing things. But first he had to...er...cut off my tail with a carving knife (sorry I couldn’t resist). I know my family will eventually be able to see, seek, and find. But until then, I will continue to wake up to more dirty clothes piled up and....a straw in the living room floor?! Did you ever see such a sight in your life?!

No comments:

Post a Comment