Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Present

This week's Five Minute Friday topic is "Present." For more info and some great stories, click here. Reminisces and hopes for the future.  That seems to be my life lately.  Thinking back about summers past, times when the kids were little, the booboos, the funny stories, the "remember whens."  Looking forward and preparing for road trips, planning activities to do while we're out of town, dreading the drive home and the clean up that will be required when we get back.  Next week we're giving my niece a baby shower.  School starts back in only 6 weeks.  My daughter brought her boyfriend "home to meet the family."  Where has the time gone and what does the future hold? I have spent the morning reflecting on what I have and haven't accomplished this week.  I've read blogs on how to be better organized and accomplish more goals for next week.  But today, right now, I have only 5 minutes to tell you about my present.  I don't feel like "doing" my hair today, and that will just have to be ok because I'm out of hairspray.  There are piles of laundry that need to be washed, but I'm out of laundry detergent too.  The dishes were done earlier, but now the kitchen needs cleaned again.  I probablay need to deposit some money in the bank before I mail the check for the mortgage payment.  I am uncomfortable in my clothes - that in between stage when some are too big and others too tight.  I need to brush my teeth.  I need to replace the toilet paper roll. I need to put the clean clothes away. My house smells like lighter fluid and I'm sure I don't want to know why.   I am alone in this room.  I pray for my daughter, she said she's having a frustrating day.  I pray for my oldest son, he's at work, outside, in the heat, probably on a roof.  I pray for my husband and my youngest son because I just saw them walk past the window shielding the flame of a lighter and heading toward the brush pile and, well did I mention the smell of lighter fluid.  Oh, um, excuse me won't you?!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your thoughts, be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was nice to hear your take on "Present." Visiting as your FMF neighbor :). Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your honesty and humor...

    ReplyDelete