Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Five-Minute Friday - Opportunity

OK, I know it's Tuesday, but I'm just now getting caught up on all my email.  This is Lisa Jo Baker's Five-Minute Friday for January 4, 2013.  The topic - opportunity:

"There’s something about the month of December that brings out the best and the worst in me. The more I try to concentrate on Jesus as "the reason for the season," the harder the evil one tries to convince me I am too busy for such things. He reminds me how much I have to do, how little time I have to do it in, and how little money I have to do it with. I am in a giving and forgiving mood, but also upset that everybody doesn’t
share my sentiment that every day is an opportunity to show God’s love.

December also marks the end of the year. Time to look back and see all that I’ve accomplished (or failed to accomplish) in the past twelve months. Opportunities missed. Opportunities taken. Opportunities not seen. Opportunities seen but let pass by. But as I stand here at the beginning of a new year, I see a blank sheet. A story waiting to be written. What opportunities await me? Am I more aware of them now? I am excited. I am scared. What if I fail? What if I don’t? The moments are priceless. The opportunities are endless."

Hope you all are having a wonderful New Year so far!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to look at opportunity, as a gift. The opportunities the new year offers are endless. Glad you made it to FMF.

    ReplyDelete