Monday, January 14, 2013

"Dive"

As you know, I've joined a community of writers at a place called "Five-Minute Friday."  In case I haven't told you, it's a weekly post on a blog by Lisa Jo Baker.  The concept is that everybody posts (or links to their own blog post) on the same topic.  The rule is that we type for five minutes, no editing, barely proofing, just writing.  This week's topic was "Dive."  I admit it was a hard one for me, but this is my attempt:

"How can I spend five whole minutes writing about a word I don’t fully understand. Dive. I never learned to swim (at least effectively). I have no idea how to dive, the whole concept of going head-first into water is beyond me. So what do I do? Just sit at the keyboard and write whatever comes to mind. That’s what I’ll try. Maybe just opening my mind to let the words in will start the juices flowing again. Much like jumping into a pool of water would get your blood your adrenalin pumping. So that’s what I’ll try. Just type. Just dive in to the word pool and see what overflows. I can immerse myself in the writing, lose myself in creativity. Who knows, I might even learn to keep myself afloat with the words of my thoughts."

If you want to check out other writers' posts or join in yourself, click here to see what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment