Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving

It’s the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I hope you all have had a wonderfully blessed holiday weekend. Whatever your traditions or plans, I hope God was the center of your thankfulness. I thought he was in mine, until this morning. I realized that even though he sent me a gift of calm amid the chaos, He was not my main focus. Oh me, yet again. And while praying for forgiveness, He began to show me things, messages in my reflections over the past few days. I will share a few of them here with you:

✞ You may not know everyone at your table, but invite them in, feed them, and make them feel welcome.

✞ If you’re in too big of a hurry trying to get into the ham (the good stuff), you can cut yourself on the tin foil.

✞ Some of the best dishes come in disposable pans; some come in practical Tupperware; and some come in fancy bowls.

✞ No matter how raw and cut up your hands are from constant washing, the dishes still have to be done.

✞ In the course of living, there will always be messes to clean up.

✞ Just when you think you’ve got everything cleaned up, you spot a Dr. Pepper can in some random place and think, “How did that get there?” “How long has it been there?” And “How did I not see it before?”

✞ All the deals everybody rushed to be the first in line to get Thursday evening, they were still there when I leisurely strolled into the store Friday morning, and from the comfort of my couch Friday afternoon, and even Saturday evening after everything was all over. (God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.)

✞ (Don’t give up) Even the dog had good scraps this weekend.

✞ The best way to unclog the toilet isn’t always forceful plunges, but consistent firm pressure.

✞ I will be more grateful for the garbage pickup this week than last week.

✞ We all have the stuff around our house that we live with everyday. But when company’s coming, we hide it away so nobody sees it. And when they all leave, we simply pull it right back out.

✞ On the other hand, we have a few things that mean so much to us that we put them away so they don’t get messed up or broken.

✞ Take pictures; remember the good times. But also be mindful of the not-so-good times and realize where God has brought you from.

✞ Leftovers are ok to eat on...for a little while.

✞ Always thank God before you eat. Thank Him for what He’s given you; ask Him to help you use what He has given you so that you can live better for Him.

✞ Do you “say” the blessing, or do you “ask” the blessing?

✞ I’ve read the end of the Book - my team wins.

I got a spiritual blessing with each one He showed me. You may get something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment