Thursday, March 28, 2013

Remember

I know it's almost Friday again, but I'm just now getting around to last week's "Five-Minute Friday."   The thought for the week was "remember."

"It hit me as we were driving home.  I look over at him.  He has always been so brave at doctor visits.  I remember the two-hour drives to the Children’s Hospital in our VW Bug when he was not even 2 years old.  He was such a good rider.  He was fine with his sippy cup and his snacks, and me holding his hand while I drove.  Sometimes he would fall asleep.  Sometimes we would “talk.”  Today though, he talks on his phone, text messages his friends, controls the radio.  He doesn’t nap any more.  And when we talk, our conversations revolve around his truck and high school happenings.  He still paces the waiting room, can’t be still.  Has it really been that long?  Have things really changed that much?  “Hey Mama, why don’t you pull through a drive-thru and get us a milkshake and some fries.”  Of course I will...just like old times...just how I remember it."

1 comment: